Individual Apple Crumble

After cooking a delicious potato bake to go with dinner (which I didn't any photos of), I decided I would treat myself to an Apple Crumb...

After cooking a delicious potato bake to go with dinner (which I didn't any photos of), I decided I would treat myself to an Apple Crumble - single serving sized.

I have been so bored lately with University being closed for another week because of earthquakes, and I have been scouring the internet looking at all sorts of amazing blogs. I saw apple tarts, and apple pies everywhere. I didn't have any pastry, and wasn't in the mood to make any, so I decided to make apple crumble instead.



I didn't use a recipe for this, purely because I have made crumble so many times before and it was only one serving that I was making, but I will roughly put what I did, it's pretty much however you like it, and obviously you will double/triple etc. for as many servings that you need.


Apple Crumble (1 serving)

1 Apple
1tbsp sugar
1tbsp brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon (optional)

Put apples in a pot with 1/4 cup of water, simmer until the apple is tender and soft.

15g Butter
1/4 C flour
2tbsp sugar
2tbsp rolled oats

Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles crumbs. Mix in the sugar and the oats.

Once apple is soft, drain water, and put into a ramekin or other small dish. Add the first lot of sugar and the cinnamon. Place the crumble mix on top of the apple.
Bake in the oven at 180ºC for around 10 minutes or until the top is golden.

Serve with cream or ice cream.


If you try this, I hope you enjoy it. Until next time, have a great night.


You Might Also Like

0 comments