Hair Myths: Fact or Fiction?

I don't know about you, but I've always cared a lot about my hair, and I've always done my best to ensure it stays healthy. Alon...

I don't know about you, but I've always cared a lot about my hair, and I've always done my best to ensure it stays healthy. Along the way and over the years, I've heard many different things in regards to what you should and shouldn't do with your hair. Things like, you shouldn't brush it when it's wet, or you should get it cut every 6 weeks or so to get rid of any split ends and to keep it healthy.

And while I've always known these things, I've never actually known if there was any truth behind it, and I've definitely not followed this advice.

I brush my hair when it's wet, a lot more than I should if I'm being honest. And I once went three years without getting my hair cut.

But recently, since getting my hair coloured a lot more than I usually would, and curling it more, I've noticed my hair looking a bit fried on the ends, so I've been looking for things that I should do to help it.

I've collaborated with Madison Reed today to bring you a chart of hair myths, or do's and do not's, that you may hear around from many different sources, that have been explained by stylists. There are a few that I've learned the reasoning behind, which in turn has made me change some of my ways, which is always a win.

 

The Madison Reed site also has an awesome Colour Advisor that will help you find the perfect colour for you if you're thinking of dying your hair.

All you do is go through a selection of 8 questions, and the colour advisor will give you a selection of colours that will work in your hair, based on the answers you have given. It really is excellent, and has given me an idea of what colour would work well the next time I got my hair done.

Overall, just from this collaboration with Madison Reed, I have learned a bit about my hair, and it's made me interested in learning more.

How is your hair? Are any of these hair do and do not's new to you?

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments