Sugar Free Apple Tart

I've been trying to cut back on my sugar intake lately, not just for myself, but for everyone else in the house because let's face i...

I've been trying to cut back on my sugar intake lately, not just for myself, but for everyone else in the house because let's face it, sugar just isn't good for you. At all. I've always known that sugar isn't good for you, and like it is with most things that aren't good for you, you still have it regardless. It's very addictive. Just like it's not easy for someone to quit drinking or smoking, it can be just as hard to quit sugar.

I watched the documentary Fed Up on Netflix, and it really made me realise that I really needed to make some changes when it came to sugar in my diet.

I'm aiming to go sugar free eventually, that is added sugar, I don't plan on getting rid of fruits and vegetables that have natural sugar in them, I will just have them in moderation. The problem with this though, is that I have a very sweet tooth. I love my chocolate and my lollies, my cakes and desserts, and I know it's going to be very hard for me to get rid of these.

So one thing that I've been doing in the past few weeks is trying out recipes for desserts that contain no added sugar.

This has been the best recipe I've tried to date, and now I want to share it with you all.


A wonderful thin short crust pastry, filled with apples and cinnamon, it tastes just like apple pie but without the sugar! Add a dollop of freshly whipped cream and it's the perfect dessert.


Sugar Free Apple Tart
170g flour
85g butter
1/4 cup water
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
4 medium apples - peeled and sliced thinly
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp applesauce (sugar free)
1 tbsp cinnamon

In a food processor, pulse the butter, salt, and flour together until it looks like a wet sand consistency. Add in the egg yolk and water and mix until it comes together.
Roll out to 3-5mm thick and line a tart tray. Place in the fridge to chill while you get the apples ready.

Once apples and peeled, cored, and sliced thinly, mix in a bowl with the applesauce, cornflour, and cinnamon. Remove the tart shell from the fridge and place apples in.

Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden.

Serve with whipped cream is desired.





post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments