Melt In The Mouth Butter Toffee

First of all, I can't believe that 2017 is nearly over. To be honest, I'm really hoping that 2018 is going to bring better things. ...

First of all, I can't believe that 2017 is nearly over. To be honest, I'm really hoping that 2018 is going to bring better things. This past year was horrible, so I'm putting it out there into the universe that I want 2018 to be full of good things.

During the few weeks before Christmas, I was in a baking frenzy, trying to get bits and pieces of different goodies ready for the gift baskets that I was giving to my siblings and my Nana. 

One of my favourite pieces that I made for these gift baskets was the butter toffee, and it will be your favourite too. It's perfect for if you have a sweet tooth, but it's such a melt in the mouth treat that it doesn't feel like you're going to break your teeth by eating it either.


This treat is inspired by my favourite butter toffee from Makana Chocolates, with macadamia covered chocolate surrounding it, and while I've not used macadamias, the peanuts are the perfect bit of crunch to go with it, and if you don't want the nuts, you can just leave them out.

In reality, the chocolate and the peanuts are completely optional in this recipe, the toffee is just perfect on it's own.

So while it's no longer Christmas, this is still the perfect treat for any occasion, it would even be perfect alongside desserts at a New Years party as well



INGREDIENTS
225g butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water

Optional:
Chocolate
Peanut pieces

In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, and water together, continuously stirring until it reaches a hard crack temperature of 150°C, or 300°F.

Once it has reached this temperature, pour onto a lined but not greased tray, and spread around quickly before leaving to cool.

Once the toffee is cool, you can melt the chocolate and then pour this over the top, sprinkling the peanuts over the chocolate while it is still wet.

Set aside to cool completely. I like to put mine in the fridge to speed up the process.

When cool, break into pieces and serve, or if you're going to gift it, put it into gift bags.


I hope everyone has had a great Christmas/Holiday season, and that your New Years is fantastic!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments