No Bake Jelly Slice

When I used to get asked to make a dessert for a gathering, this no bake jelly slice was usually my go-to recipe to take. It's simple to...

When I used to get asked to make a dessert for a gathering, this no bake jelly slice was usually my go-to recipe to take. It's simple to make, takes hardly any time or effort, and everyone loves it. I usually get asked to make it instead of other desserts.

I haven't made it in quite some time, but I've noticed it popping up all over the place lately, and figured I would make it again, but this time with a bit of a festive flair. And by that, I mean that I added green food colouring and used red jelly.



My one problem with the recipe is that it is usually far too sweet, with the sugar from the jelly and the condensed milk. But recently we switched from ordinary jelly packets, to using sugar free jelly, in particular the Aeroplane Brand. This jelly is amazing, not only does it have 0 grams of sugar, it's also 7 calories a serving. Compare this to the brand we would usually buy which has a whopping 19 grams of sugar per serve, and 84 calories a serving! That's a huge difference, and I'll tell you what, it's definitely noticable in this slice.

What used to be a tooth-achingly sweet, but still delicious dessert, has now become a more bearable type of sweetness, one that won't have you holding back from another piece. The jelly makes all the difference. Now just to find a way to cut back on that sugar even more...

Now here's the recipe for you to try, and trust me, if you make it once, you're bound to be asked to make it again!


Ingredients
1 packet wine biscuits
100g butter - melted
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cup boiling water
3tsp gelatin
1 packet jelly
Food Colouring (optional)

Make the jelly according to directions and set aside to cool.

While this is cooling, process your biscuits until they are crumbs, then add the melted butter. Push into the base of a baking tin and set in the fridge to firm up.

In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, then mix in the can of condensed milk. If you want to go for a colourful look like I have, add your food colouring now.

Pour this condensed milk mixture on top of the base and put back in the fridge to set. Once it has set, you can pour the jelly mixture on top. Leave in the fridge to set and then cut up to serve when ready.
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments