Quick And Easy Hour Cinnamon Rolls

Many years ago, I posted a recipe for cinnamon rolls, and it has been my go to recipe ever since. Whenever I feel like making some, I just ...

Many years ago, I posted a recipe for cinnamon rolls, and it has been my go to recipe ever since. Whenever I feel like making some, I just pull the recipe up and make them. Also, can we note just how far I have come since I posted that recipe?

However, sometimes I just don't have the time or patience to wait for the dough to rise more than once. So, I worked around with the recipe a bit to see if I could get cinnamon rolls in less time than usual, and what do you know, it worked!


This recipe only calls for a short 5 minute rise of the dough before rolling, and then a rise of twenty minutes, but the great thing about it is that this rise is done in a warm oven, which helps the dough to rise in less time than if you left it out on the bench to rise.


They aren't quite as fluffy as if you had a longer rise period, or two proper rises, but they are still delicious, and great if you want a fix of cinnamon rolls in an hour, which is dangerous for me. If I could only eat cinnamon rolls for the rest of my life, I would be pretty happy with that. These don't last long in our house at all, and I may have eaten far too many of this particular batch.






This recipe doesn't make as many rolls as my other recipe does, but that's good for times when you don't need a huge amount, and of course the amount that you end up with will depend on how big you roll the dough out, and how big you cut them to be.


Ingredients

For the dough
2 and 3/4 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 and 1/4 tsp active yeast
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk
30g butter
1 egg

For the filling
25g butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon 

For the icing
25g butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Milk (if needed)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 50°C before starting.
 
Mix the flour, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Heat the water, milk, and butter together until the butter is melted. Mix into the flour mixture with a dough hook, adding the egg after it is mixed. Knead with the mixer or by hand until the dough is no longer sticky. Leave to rise for 5 minutes.

After the short rise, roll the dough out into a rectangle. Brush the melted butter over it and then spread the brown sugar over the butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon over top of the sugar, adding more if you need to (I like lots of cinnamon, so you may want to add more or less as well).

Roll the dough up, and then cut into pieces, choosing a size you would like. Put them into a lined cake tin, and then put in the oven to rise for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes, turn the oven up to 180°C and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dough springs back to the touch. Remove and leave to cool.

While cooling, mix up the icing, and once the cinnamon rolls are nearly completely cool, spread the icing over, letting the remaining warmth melt it into all the nooks and crannies of the rolls.

Now all that is left to do is enjoy!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments